livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] that came out of the ground

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] that came out of the ground
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:54:13 -0800

Funny, ever since I've had a garden, I've had no qualms about putting my vegs on the ground as I pick and eating right from the garden. I rinse my carrots and radishes first, but as long as I don't see soil on them or taste grit, they're clean enough. I get flack from nongardeners when I tell them this -- they warn me of all the bacteria that lurks on anything not scoured clean in a kitchen.