livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Derrick Jensen

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Derrick Jensen
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:36:55 -0700

Well said. I like that minimizing your Gross income while maximizing your
Net income. The more we spend and charge the more we have to earn to keep
up, like squirrels running in a cage. Those who can get their expenses low
enough can make little enough to avoid (most) taxes and still live
comfortably. And about newspapers and TV - nothing but a way to deliver an
audience to the advertisers. Absolutely nothing more. Today too few know
how to grow any food, and even fewer have the knowhow to build anything
approaching a liveable house. Witness all the clueless talk on some lists
about cob and strawbale, yet nothing gets built that people actually live
in any length of time (unless it's a custom strawbale $300,000 and up). I'm
on a *lot* of lists and have yet to see anything about building liveable
houses on the cheap. Even the gardening lists rarely say anything about
growing food on the cheap. Everything except what most people are going to
really need.

snip