livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Derrick Jensen

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Phil Bunch" <pbunch@cox.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Derrick Jensen
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 06:34:53 -0800

This is very true. We cannot forget all those who cannot or do not and never
will have the ability to drink from the river and obtain their food directly
from the land. They will always be a factor. If any of the apocalyptic
scenarios that have been mentioned or hinted at on the list should occur,
they will either be knocking on our doors begging for food or taking it by
force. Having written "force" I think of Woody Gutherie's line: "Some will
rob you with a six-gun, some with a fountain pen."

IMHO it is wise to be compassionate now and plan for the greater good of
all. Viable solutions will account for those who also need to eat. The idea
that those who are living on the land can be an isolated elite is a
dangerous romantic fantasy.