livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Climate changes now "irreversible, " U.N. report warns

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Climate changes now "irreversible, " U.N. report warns
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:47:40 -0700

Not to be contentious, but I don't believe for a minute they got 19,000
"scientists" to sign anything. I believe the names are almost all bogus,
few if any are actually knowledgeable climatologists (none are identified
so we can't verify any of them), and I'm certain the website's agenda is to
protect the fossil fuel industries - which is quite clear from this
warning: "The United States is very close to adopting an international
agreement that would ration the use of energy and of technologies that
depend upon coal, oil, and natural gas and some other organic compounds."
There's the agenda, right up front. We know those energy corporations lie,
cheat, rob, pollute, and kill without blinking. I wouldn't believe a word
coming from them. Bogus to the hilt.

Your mileage may vary ...! We still have plenty of common ground, Ken, and
your contributions to the discussion have been remarkable.