livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] brix/ was vitamins, minerals and taste

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] brix/ was vitamins, minerals and taste
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:26:28 -0600

Most interesting. It always comes back to the reason I started this, to
learn more from others and pass it on. Those interested please do check out
Aliza's references for more on this.

Not having soil tests done and without long experience, I believed adding
aged manure, natural minerals, and alfalfa meal would feed the soil biology
what it needed. Yet no one could be more surprised at the taste and
productivity of these veggies, or the praise from others. Nothing else
grows for miles around in this soil but rabbit brush and junipers. We
haven't got around to shelling out for a refractometer yet.