livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] As giant crops flourish, vitamins, minerals and taste

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] As giant crops flourish, vitamins, minerals and taste
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:22:46 -0400

At 01:20 AM 9/15/2007, you wrote:

It might be that no one was specifically measuring organics vs. standard crops, or that measurements hadn't been done recently, but this isn't the same as no measuring happening. Which leads me to the real trouble I have with this, and that's that, IMO, the industry didn't want to perform measurements; if this is the case then I'd suspect it's because they didn't want such information out there.

That's exactly what I was thinking, that tests weren't done because the industry didn't want to know whether organically-grown produce had more nutrition. And didn't want data potentially available for others to use.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com