livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] why sustainable growing/ was Texas

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] why sustainable growing/ was Texas
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:28:24 -0700

At 6:07 AM -0500 5/15/07, E. E. Mitchamore Jr wrote:
Toward that end: I concluded that I needed to learn more about what we should EAT for optimum health, so that I could better decide what to GROW. Extensive study has led me to a conundrum. Apparently, our health and fitness is best served my consumption of some animal protein and fats. The Environment is best served by consumption of mostly vegetarian food.

My extensive research has led me to the conclusion that any consumption of animal products is detrimental to my health and fitness as well as to the health of the environment. Plants (vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes) offer the full range of nutrients without the load of heavy metals, antibiotics, hormones, and other industrial detritus found in animal products, without any cholesterol, and without cancer-promoting agents such as milk protein (and excessive protein intake in general).

(Also, I'm not assuming you have, but just in case you've done all your research on the internet, be aware that a couple of rabidly antivegetarian organizations have developed extensive web sites that publish lots of misinformation. Make sure you can trace your information back to peer-reviewed studies and credentialed researchers.)