livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Texas

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Texas
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:35:45 -0600

A shot in the arm for the local economy I'm sure. Unfortunately it means
little for fossil fuel decline in this country. Even if the industry is
right about the potential of the Barnett Shale, it would still only produce
about 5 or 6% of this country's total natural gas production. See the quote
below. And nothing to do with oil. Once again, no magic answer to fossil
fuel depletion. Get used to it.

"Gas executives predict that the current production of 1.5 billion cubic
feet a day — 2.5 percent of the national output — has the potential to
climb to 3 billion to 4 billion cubic feet a day in a few years."
http://www.thebarnettshale.com/