livingontheland - [Livingontheland] tastier snow peas

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] tastier snow peas
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 00:56:31 -0700

Speaking of brix...I was talking with a fellow community gardener today, who was wondering why her snow peas were not sweet. So we taste-tested hers and mine; mine were sweet, hers were more bland and did have a bitter edge. I grew mine with homemade compost; she used an organic fertilizer (EB Stone?). We both watered every 2-3 days, and picked them at about the same size. Maybe hers had too much N?