livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] tastier snow peas/rain

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] tastier snow peas/rain
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 07:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

Ugh,  My sympathies Claudia.

I'm more and more thankful that I managed to get that one load of woodchips into my garden pathways.   I've heard from at least one local gardener grave concern over his garlic being able to mature properly as his place is also swampland right now.   I think my garlic is still ok, the walking onions have survived, and my fennel, asian greens, and dill that just reseeded from last year have all been fine.  It's awesome to be at a point in this garden where I haven't done a thing this spring in preparing to move, but still am able to harvest things daily out of it.

The potatoes mostly got frozen and all the fruit was frozen.   The irises are blooming though and my hens are laying and the goat milk flowing.

down to the wire now on closing on the next place, packing things up, cleaning things up, doing touch-up paint, spackling nail holes, and trying to figure out how to lay out things at the new place.

Carrie

It's here! Your new message!