livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] locally adapted varieties, was DIET FOR A DEAD PLANET

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] locally adapted varieties, was DIET FOR A DEAD PLANET
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:19:29 -0500

A good point that's often contentious:  There are areas, called "brittle" by Holistic Management's Alan Savory, where grass is the best "crop".  In those areas, with appropriate management, the best approach to food production is to raise grass-fed beef.

I was NEVER advocating corn as a typical agribusiness crop; only as a useful part of a family diet and garden.  Funny how easy it is for a conversation to get off track.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz