livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] yield vs. land use

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] yield vs. land use
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 05:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

Many years ago I saw an article about someone who had made a scale of 1-10 to provide an idex for each crop in relation to the yield vs. the amount of land.  It considered time if I remember correctly.  I wish I had saved it.
1 on the scale was for crops that had highest yield per space per time,etc. and 10 the worst.  Guess what was 10:  corn.

Most of the world is fed using crops originating in this hemisphere!

Ken Hargesheimer

Need Mail bonding?