livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] locally adapted varieties, was DIET FOR A DEAD PLANET

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] locally adapted varieties, was DIET FOR A DEAD PLANET
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:24:44 -0700

A great place to get beans at a bargain price is an organic market or coop
in the dried foods section.Everything from cannelinini to chick peas (and
organic). We can even get anasazi beans there. Since it's by the pound the
prices are much cheaper than an individual packet of seeds. This also gives
you the added benefit of trying all the different varieties first and
seeing which ones you prefer. After all, if you don't like what you're
planting then what's the point of growing it?

Barb