livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] composting chickens

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Fargir@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] composting chickens
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:28:45 EST

     I am not sure about chickens but here is a link ,http://www.absheep.com/pdfs/Composting%20Dead%20Sheep%20PDF.pdf  about how to compost a sheep.  If compost will take care of an old buck body, I think that it will do the job on those " rascally roosters" ;-).
    I use the compositor we use for our dogs waste to get rid of the bodies of the INSANE raccoons, squirrels [and one rabbit, I have No idea how he got in] that climb down the tree into our dogs yard. I guess it is not just human in cars that seem to have a death wish.  It just takes about 3 weeks to take down a small raccoon.
Peggy
P. S. I do not use the dog waste compost for soil in my vegetable garden. Just heading off the "warning" replies ;-]