livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More on maggots: My system described

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Uriel <uriel@nasalam.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More on maggots: My system described
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:15:14 -0500

Harvey, I've been following this discussion after my initial remark and must say that I respect that you've thought this system through and demonstrated a genuine ability to take advantage of what opportunity brings your way. That's an admirable quality and one that's definitely pro-survival in a challenging world. I don't think I would personally like doing what you are, but I respect the intellect you've brought to the process.
Uriel / SW Missouri

Harvey Ussery wrote:
The following is copied from an article I'm working on for Backyard Poultry, describing a bucket system for breeding fly maggots from carrion as a free source of high-quality protein for the homestead chicken flock. There is a reference to the page on the Journey to Forever that initially inspired my experiments. However, the system I have devised is my own. (Think I should patent?)

~Harvey
www.themodernhomestead.us

Please note that the following material is copyright by Harvey Ussery, July 2006, and is reproduced here for the benefit of members of this list only.

Protein from Thin Air: Breeding fly maggots for poultry feed

[snipped]