livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How do you figure what your labor is worth?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How do you figure what your labor is worth?
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:20:43 -0600

We don't go around with a calculator, but at times we do think about what our
time and energy is worth. Make something or buy it? Work the farm or get a
second job? Should a woman get a job to supplement her husband's income, or
is her time at home worth more to the family?

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry