livingontheland - [Livingontheland] How do you figure what your labor is worth?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Greg and April" <gregandapril@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] How do you figure what your labor is worth?
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 07:09:15 -0600

With Paul's permission, I am addressing the entire list.

How does anyone figure the worth of their own labor, when they don't get paid for it?

I am asking this question of a couple of different lists that I'm on, because I have always had a problem figuring what my labor is worth, when trying to figure out what the true cost of gardening ( or for that matter any other project I'm doing ).

For example, compost can either be bought or made, which is more cost and/or time effective.

Once everyone has had a chance to answer, I'll share the results of what people on other lists have said.

Greg H.