livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol a net energy loss

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Mark Nagel <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol a net energy loss
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:26:10 -0500 (CDT)

I'll provide this Cal Berkley study to put a nail in this thing. Note that
the report mentions the negative environmental impacts, negative impacts on
our soil!

http://petroleum.berkeley.edu/papers/patzek/CRPS416-Patzek-Web.pdf

We must conserve. Soil is key; anything that takes away from soil is the
same as taking away energy (human energy- food!). Supporting the
mega-corporations so that they can produce ethanol so that they can continue
to control our food production and distribution is insane. I do not want to
subsidize this nonsense! Anyone who does is a thief!

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA