livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Wayne" <wa2yne@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:05:49 -0800

People spray weed killer and other stuff on their lawns, then use other chemicals to get more grass to grow.
Many waste water in what are actually desert areas, just to keep a green lawn.
I'll have some lawn at my new home, grass, including Bermuda grass, already being there, but no chemicals.
I'd as soon the Bermuda grass was not there, but it's all over the place there.
I hope there are at least some earthworms there, will find out...
I only use compost and composted manure in my gardens, adding what I feel will work.
I don't feel that no till will work for me, at least till I get enough compost added.
Beer is no real problem, but I'd only use it, in saucers or such, to help with slugs and snails.
No insecticides unless there is no other way to control some types of insects, and I prefer natural types as much as possible.
Mouthwash? main working ingredient is alcohol, and that will evaporate faster than water.

Yes, this Baker person seems to be a hazard to a good environment, as well as another Looney...

YMMV

Wayne WA2YNE
www.desert-rat.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie" <ckavin@charter.net>