livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Charlie <ckavin@charter.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 9:36:59 -0600

I was shocked to hear Jerry Baker on Channel 9 in Saint Louis giving advise on how to kill earth worms. He is a nut and a dangerous nut. Yes people do follow his advice. My neighbor told me that she sprayed beer, insecticide and mouthwash on her lawn.
--
Charlie, Gardening in Saint Charles County, Missouri Zone 5/6

---- Laura McKenzie wrote:
>I managed to get our PBS network to stop airing Jerry Baker. Think of this.
>He suggests making a highly potent pesticide using tobacco in a bottle you
>might have laying around the kitchen. Who is to say a little child wouldn't
>open that bottle and drink it thinking it was apple juice. Do you know how
>dangerous that could be? Or imagine little kids walking under trees sprayed
>with his tobacco extract. I think his suggestions are flagrantly
>irresponsible.
>
>I made a little page on my website in response to someone asking about
>Jerry Baker. I tried to keep it simple because I've noticed that my
>gardening enthusiasm overwhelms beginners who ask me stuff. If you see
>something about it that isn't correct, I'd love to hear it:
>http://home.att.net/~ekyorigins/remediesx.html
>
>Laura

`` >

`` >

`` >

`` >

`` >

`` >

``
>Laura's Homeschooling, Garden, and Genealogy Site
>is found here: http://home.att.net/~ekyorigins
>``

``

``