livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Laura McKenzie" <laurabrownmckenzie@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:21:06 -0600

I managed to get our PBS network to stop airing Jerry Baker. Think of this. He suggests making a highly potent pesticide using tobacco in a bottle you might have laying around the kitchen. Who is to say a little child wouldn't open that bottle and drink it thinking it was apple juice. Do you know how dangerous that could be? Or imagine little kids walking under trees sprayed with his tobacco extract. I think his suggestions are flagrantly irresponsible.

I made a little page on my website in response to someone asking about Jerry Baker. I tried to keep it simple because I've noticed that my gardening enthusiasm overwhelms beginners who ask me stuff. If you see something about it that isn't correct, I'd love to hear it:
http://home.att.net/~ekyorigins/remediesx.html

Laura
Laura's Homeschooling, Garden, and Genealogy Site
is found here: http://home.att.net/~ekyorigins