livingontheland - [Livingontheland] public media garden experts

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Bobby G <bobbyg53211@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] public media garden experts
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:56:03 -0800 (PST)

well, i don't watch TV, but there is a guy on
Wisconsin Public Radio who has a mid-day gardening
show and this guy, Larry Mieller, drives me as nuts as
Jerry Baker seems to drive other people. it's always
all about the "Round-up" and other corporate products.
almost always the show's host and guests will
advocate for the corporate chemical solution.

they'll occasionally mention an organic solution, but
it's almost always in the context of, "well, you could
try this [organic] solution, but we think you'll find
it's too labor-intensive and probably won't work well,
and you'll end up reaching for the chemicals anyway.
but give it a shot, can't hurt."

most likely, if you follow the money trail of who is
funding these stations and shows, you'll discover why
they always seem to include a mention of "Round-up" or
some other corporate products.

just my 1 mg of gold

bobby g