labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Blackcurrant Wine, Berries and other Stuff

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Blackcurrant Wine, Berries and other Stuff
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:44:10 -0400

Hi Biz
Our elderberry has very prolific. Have only one variety. Dug it out of the back valley 26 years ago, it has became a large monster. Made lots of wine, blended it with kits of Cab Sav- no one ever picked up the difference- just admired the "Cab Sav". No 2nd variety ot pollinate within 1000 feet or more.
After 26 years the old guy is slowing down (just like me). This winter will take a chain saw to try to rejuvenate it- the elderberry, not me.                       Cheers           Bert