labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] powdery mildew on court pendu plat

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "Labruscagrape@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] powdery mildew on court pendu plat
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:05:47 +0000 GMT

Hi Tom
I will have a look at your pictures when back in the city tonight. The
powdery mildew is starting to arrive here. It has shown up on just the Golden
Nugget so far. We have also had lots of young deer roaming around. There are
far more this year than I can remember for previous years. We are even seeing
them late afternoon. Not in multiples but just one at a time. It is likely
the same deer in our vicinity. We have started to call him Oscar. Thank
goodness the Plantskydd is working. Many of my apple neighbours are having
their trees "pruned" in the last week. Three dogs, fences and Plantskydd have
been protecting us so far.

Aside from enough blackberries to sink a ship, the only remaining crop that
showing in great numbers is the thistles. They are everywhere. Yanking them
every day that we are here.

Cheers. Bizmark
Sent via BlackBerry on the Bell Mobility network