internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into abrick

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into abrick
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:35:39 -0400

I don't mean to be harsh, or an apologist, but I've heard this several times over the least 24 hours.

Yes, its in the somewhat fine print, but right on http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/ is this tidbit:

"Current and new iPhone users who now or will receive service under a corporate account and wish to upgrade to or purchase iPhone 3G need to contact AT&T directly. "

And its been there for about a week.

That's no excuse for all the crap that happened yesterday, and the ridiculousness of the lines and how slow it moved, but still...

~ian