internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into a brick

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into a brick
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:59:12 -0400

On Jul 11, 2008, at 11:05 AM, David Matusiak wrote:

I was also told by an Apple insider that I should wait to buy a new
iPhone. Apparently, the purchase/activate process is so slow/painful
now that it could take all day to get in and leave with a functional
phone. I think we could make good money selling food/water/toiletries
to those stuck in line. Who wants to work on Mobile Life Stand 2.0??

For what its worth, five hours after I started the upgrade process my phone is working. iTunes still gives errors and won't display any information about the phone, but at least the phone seems to actually work, and some applications were transferred.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC | 919-619-0607
michael -at- czeiszperger.org