internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into a brick

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into a brick
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:05:39 -0400 (EDT)

waiting is for sissies! i upped mine yesterday and the new apps are great!
(only using about four free ones).

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

+FYI, the upgrade was available this morning, and the installation went
+fine, but the final step is to connect to Apple and authorize the phone,
+and it appears that site is hammered.  Right now my iPhone is an
+expensive brick, darn it.
+If you were thinking of upgrading your iPhone 1.0 it would be a good idea
+to wait.
+
+__________________________________________________________
+
+Michael Czeiszperger
+Chapel Hill, NC
+
+
+"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons
+exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G.K.
+Chesterton
+__________________________________________________________
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
pjones AT ibiblio.org NEW voice: (919) 360-7740 fax: (919) 962-8071