internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into a brick

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <kevin AT sonney.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone 2.0 upgrade turns my iPhone into a brick
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:55:19 -0400

So, while I finish outlining my article "The dynamics of lust, or how I didn't get an iPhone 3G" in my head (I'm at work, so can't really write the article yet), I will say this. I took the change on the AT&T store in Apex this morning. "A lot" per the guy on the phone Weds. turned out to be about 50 total. While on my way to chance it at the SP Apple Store, I got word of the slowdown/failure of iTunes and the Apple retail network. Given that the one guy had gotten there at 9 and was still on the back side of the building, I decided to throw in the towel today.

Basically, I'd wait at this point. Apparently they didn't learn any lessons about capacity planning last year.