internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Local Gov't Fair Competition Act.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Local Gov't Fair Competition Act.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:47:26 -0400

Phillip Rhodes wrote:

Under the current system, no. And that's unfortunate. Or maybe
I should say it's unfortunate that the current system is evil
because it uses initiation of force (or threat of said force)
to achieve it's goals. Take away that aspect, and to be
honest, I'd probably sign up. But I will always reject - on
principle - any entity that presumes to deny me the
right to choice in how I live my life (as long as I'm
not violating anyone else's rights) or distribute my property.

And what about the rest of us (probably a majority) who don't want to live in your (U/dis-)topian 19th centuryesque "paradise"? What of our rights?

I'd stay up more nights worrying about eminent domain takings for economic development.

-Andy

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org