internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Local Gov't Fair Competition Act.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Cook <james_cook AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Local Gov't Fair Competition Act.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:29:44 -0400

Phillip Rhodes wrote:

Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
What I think is most interesting about this whole discussion is that so
many people apparently think they can change Phil's mind about his
political belief system. I don't think that's possible, unless Phil
himself were to experience something that shook his worldview
significantly enough to open it to change, which I sincerely doubt is
going to be caused by an InterNetWorkers email.

Just to add to this... I should say that I think this is a wonderful
discussion. Especially because everybody has made some very interesting
points, and we've all stayed civil. No resorting to name-calling or
personal attacks, or any pettiness.
I have to agree whole heartedly with Phil. Oh no, not on any of his points or arguments, but on the comment above about the civility of this entire thread. Being primarily a lurker on this site, I don't normally post anything, but having stumbled across the "fair competition act" a while back I felt an obligation to join in. I actually expected the flames to begin at a couple of separate points in the dialog. Interesting, and very pleasant, that they didn't.

I really don't care for the name-calling or personal attacks, but sometimes the pettiness can be quite entertaining. After all it's quite an erudite group.

TTFN

-Jim