internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:26:04 -0400

On Jun 14, 2007, at 4:36 PM, Scott Lundgren wrote:
Uh, would you believe my lamps are floor length shoji lamps of rice
paper & wood, like these:

http://tatamiroom.com/big_image/FL2104.jpg

The only metal in them are the metal rods that run up the center that
hold the light sockets. Clapper or X10 seems to my best bet. Can
anyone recommend a X10 web retailer?

Clearly with such awesome lamps you need an awesome switch. I suggest a remote control! Both http://www.smarthome.com/1127.html or http:// www.smarthome.com/1127d.html look nice. These are simple RF remotes so they don't need line-of-sight. Each remote can be setup to control both lamps and it looks like it also has an 'all off' function as well. Keep one remote by the door (velcro?) and one somewhere else, like by the couch.

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1