internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:36:48 -0400

On Jun 14, 2007, at 3:21 PM, stan briggs wrote:

go by any home improvement store to the lighting section. they'll have a wide variety of lamps that, when you touch them, cycle between off-low-medium-high-off. just like the three way switch lamps but different. if you already have a lamp with a metal base then you can install a device in the wiring that will turn a switch lamp into a touch lamp.

Uh, would you believe my lamps are floor length shoji lamps of rice paper & wood, like these:

http://tatamiroom.com/big_image/FL2104.jpg

The only metal in them are the metal rods that run up the center that hold the light sockets. Clapper or X10 seems to my best bet. Can anyone recommend a X10 web retailer?

- SL