internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: sovenall AT nc.rr.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:31:45 -0400

if you use compact fluorescent bulbs, make sure your touch lamps aren't
designed to cycle through varying levels of brightness. The dim setting
on the lamp causes the bulb to flicker annoyingly. And since the bulb
doesn't come on instantly, I often assume I missed the lamp and tap it
again, causing it to flicker. Annoyingly.

--Sarah