internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:48:56 -0400

On Jun 14, 2007, at 12:32 PM, ron thigpen wrote:

Some of these old houses have outlets controlled by a wall switch. I'll

Alas, my previous placed did have these types of switches but the current place does not. The two switches by the front door work the ceiling light fixture and the front porch.

You could change out the bulb screw socket in your fixtures, choosing a
type with an integral switch. These are cost about a buck at the

I'm not familiar with this. The light fixture I don't like is in the ceiling, so if I'm understand you correctly I don't think I want to hang my lamps out of what would be ceiling mounted socket.

What's a touch lamp?

- SL