internetworkers - [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] alternative ways to turn lamps on
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:14:14 -0400

INW,

I've got a lighting question for the geeky/home set. I'm renting 1/2 of a 1928 duplex and I don't like the overhead lighting in the living room, I'd rather use my lamps. Both lamps are plugged into wall sockets on opposite corners of the room. Both lamps have on off switches in the middle of the cords that I'd rather have neatly hidden away than kept visible.

What is the best way to be able to walk into the room and turn on the lamps without having to stumble through the room in the dark and reach behind furniture?

All I can think of is The Clapper.

- SL