internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Brazilian String Bikinis - OT?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Brazilian String Bikinis - OT?
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:16:14 -0400

zman wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
In a civilized society what is done on a public or commercial square is
not always a matter of market. There are civil crimes such as public
defecation, assualt against a person, noise regulations, pollution
rules, etc.

-Andy

Does a civilized society decide what is done in a private business? This one does. As a non-smoker I'm torn on the subject. But as a bar owner I think it should be my decision.

Yes. If I go into your bar naked, I will be arrested regardless of your decision as a business owner. If I assault someone then that also is not allowed even if you think it is okay on your property.

-Andy (who nearly never goes to bars anymore because he doesn't like to be in smoke filled rooms)

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
Kulture http://www.kulture.us
Rod-O-Rama http://www.rod-o-rama.com
Vagabonds C.C. http://www.vagabonds.cc
'57 Buick Riviera, '60 International B100
'23 Buick Roadster, '90 Ducati 750 Sport
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org
Multi-platform and extensible Email,