internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FW: Bavarian Hefeweizen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FW: Bavarian Hefeweizen
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:10:12 -0400

Anyone want to buy a refrigerator that will keep your beer at 48 degrees?
Email me...

More seriously, just as food does not just have taste, it has *texture*
(contrast bread dough to a crouton-- "Muph!" To "Crunch! Fresh chips to
soggy chips, a fresh bagel to a stale bagel), beverages-- liquids, in
general-- have temperature, carbonation, and viscosity-- not just taste.
For me, if a beer is not cold, I don't want to drink it. It's never going
to get to the taste test. One sip of a beer that is warm is all that that
beer is going to get...

But isn't this whole discussion just a discussion of preferences? Just as
some folks like city life, others the suburbs, others want 1,500 acres--
there is no right or wrong-- except for every individual. If you like your
beer icy, drink it that way and enjoy it! If you like your beer warm, do
the same thing! Some folks won't drink coffee unless it's scaldingly hot.
Others prefer ice coffee. Some folks like their pizza hot, others cold.
Chicken and red meats can go both ways. Even milk-- its' great warm in hot
chocolate-- and great cold in ice cream. Peanut butter-- smooth or crunchy?
Chocolate chip cookies-- soft or crunchy? It's all a matter of
preference... The only thing that is wrong is for one person to tell
another person what their preference should be... (Ahhhh... and you can
guess how I'm going to vote in the relatively near future. I don't need
anyone telling me what my values should be...)