internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] not about 9/11, conspiracies, or Freedom

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] not about 9/11, conspiracies, or Freedom
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:43:41 -0400

Hey, I hate to leave a good point un-rebutted, but precisely because of yesterday's email largesse today is just way too busy to get into tit-for-tat responses. However, a quick and direct response would look something like this:

1) I never stated that I believed wholeheartedly in every single data point exhibited in the "Loose Change" film, I only stated that it was the best movie of the year. Had I mentioned that "Mission Impossible III" was the best movie of the year, I doubt you would be challenging me to go "chase down the facts" and prove everything that was displayed in that film.

2) Making the above assumption and then immediately going on the war path to inform me that I have "really lost touch" and should "SHOOT [MYSELF]" is about the most inelegant and un-Christian thing I have heard in several weeks. I'm sorry it made you so full of "hate" and got "under [your] skin in a bad way," but that is one of the lovely aspects of Freedom of Speech and Democracy. I think "The Terrorists" (as we like to call them) would be proud of your debate skills.

3) Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, commanding me in a condescending way to go "chase down the 'facts' in that video" is akin to me asking you to produce proof (any proof whatsoever) that anything in The Bible is true -- scientifically, historically or otherwise. But I would never stoop to such a low position because as a True American, I believe that we should all be free to hold dear any ideals, no matter how kooky or fantastical... as long as it does not effect foreign and/or domestic policy.

Off to see the Wizard,
dave m.