internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywords tags

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywords tags
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:10:30 -0400

The book I was reading is _The Non-Designer's Web Book_ which came out
in 2000. So perhaps not the best reference on this subject.

For the record, I'm not trying to artificially inflate my page
rankings. I'm just trying to understand what The Right Thing To Do is.

Sounds like I can leave the keyword and description meta tags in there
and they won't do any harm though they may have little to no effect.
I've reworked all my title pages to ensure they are meaningful. But I
should probably rethink some of my page text so that the more
meaningful stuff comes first on the page at least as far as how google
sees it.

Interesting stuff this SEO business.
Calvin