internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywordstags

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ idodesign AT earthlink.net, " <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywordstags
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:41:04 -0400

> "foo bar" in the meta tag and inside the document body will it pick up the
> terms as a pair.

Actually a page can rank for the term "foo bar" even if neither "foo" or
"bar" appear anywhere on the page. For example, you won't find the word
"failure" anywhere in the source code for the first page found in this
query:

http://www.google.com/search?q=failure

Its a result of Google bombing, which is many links pointing to the site
with the anchor text "failure".