internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywords tags

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywords tags
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:32:12 -0400

Hi Calvin,
If it were only that easy. :) Meta keywords have absolutely no effect in
your search engine ranking. Meta description will sometimes be displayed as
the snippet under your link in search engine results in some engines but not
always so I always make sure to have an enticing meta description just in
case.

SEO increases in complexity each month and even the PageRank algorithm
Google invented is no longer used by them IMO.

Tony