internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] problem with the neighbors and fighting city hall

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] problem with the neighbors and fighting city hall
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:43:59 -0400

there used to be a statue downtown of some dude on a horse.  i can neither confirm nor deny that i had to climb the statue, to kiss the balls of the horse and to let someone snap a photo during a scavenger hunt.

pretty harmless stuff, though.  the whole experience of the brotherhood at that time seemed bent on making the pledges clean the house and take a lot of grief from the brothers that first semester and then dish it out the next 3.5 years.

my tour of duty with the fraternity was quick.  when i moved out of the fraternity house, my grade point average nearly doubled (nevermind what it was while *in* the house).  electrical engineering was more interesting at the time than the next kegger, and i did graduate.  i had my fun, too, though...

me thinks we always kept it quite between 11 PM and 7 AM because we didn't *want* the cops coming over to bust our parties.

Ilan Volow wrote:
On a slightly more humorous note, supposedly the TKE guys at Ithaca
had to have a brick tied to their "unit" by some brothers and then
throw the brick off a balcony.

It was only after the brick hit the ground that the pledges found out
the brick was tied with some kind of knot that came undone with the
slightest amount of tension (i.e. the brick slipped off their "unit").

Sort of like those new-agey trust-building exercises you see in
corporations...