internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] house

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] house
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:30:25 -0400

well, if it's not selling, and you are advertising it, I would ask, WHY
is it not selling? Do you have lookers who then never make an offer? Or
do you not even get those?

Might be the agent! - if you are with the same agent for more than six
months with no offers, I suggest changing companies. Agents tend to work
harder on their newer properties, I think.
Might be the house! - clean it up if it's at all dirty, add or remove
some furniture to give lookers an idea of what they can do with it,
maybe even hire a designer to spiff it up.
Might be the yard! - plant some flowers or get some in pots for more
curb appeal, pressure-wash it if needed, make sure the grass stays mowed
and the exterior looks well-kept.
Might be the neighborhood! - what are other houses in your area selling
for? Or are they selling at all?
Might be the price! - are you asking more than market price, expecting
you'll take lower offers? don't - many first-time home buyers don't
realize they can offer less. Are you asking market price in a glutted
market? - bite it and ask for less, or be prepared to wait. Are you
asking way LESS than market price? - don't, oddly enough some people see
this as the sign of a problem house, even if that's not true.

It's all a big game. Good luck.