internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] we haven't discussed Wal*mart lately

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jake Greene <jakegreene AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] we haven't discussed Wal*mart lately
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:43:09 -0400

I think you should qualify that you were looking for 'cheap'+'US Made'
bowls/shower curtains, and that you were only willing to shop at
discount department stores. Like any good internet search, you have
to identify what results you're most looking for. You placed hit
value first on the department store, then on 'cheap', and lastly on
'US Made.' Re-sorting your criteria to 'US Made' first might have
yielded you different results.

I should add that I'm not making any value judgements, just an
observation on how our internet lives should carry into the real world
in such a way as to make the real world function in a more
predicatable way.

Jake