internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] we haven't discussed Wal*mart lately

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: Jake Greene <jakegreene AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] we haven't discussed Wal*mart lately
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:51:27 -0400

On 5/24/05, Jake Greene <jakegreene AT gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you should qualify that you were looking for 'cheap'+'US Made'
> bowls/shower curtains, and that you were only willing to shop at
> discount department stores. Like any good internet search, you have
> to identify what results you're most looking for. You placed hit
> value first on the department store, then on 'cheap', and lastly on
> 'US Made.' Re-sorting your criteria to 'US Made' first might have
> yielded you different results.
>
> I should add that I'm not making any value judgements, just an
> observation on how our internet lives should carry into the real world
> in such a way as to make the real world function in a more
> predicatable way.
>
> Jake

Yes, I suppose it might have yielded different results if I'd looked
anywhere for U.S. Made items.

And honestly I ranked the department store first, THEN U.S. Made, and
then price. I would have been fine with paying more for a U.S. made
item in a department store. Of course there's some kind of
correlation between department store and price but price was not
ranked above U.S. Made.

Lyman
--
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,