internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:34:24 -0400

> Has everyone in this country just thrown up their hands and
> acknowledged that they're being lied to, but are too busy picking the
> next 'American Idol' to give a shit?
>
> That's how it looks from where I'm sitting.
> dave m.

Well, I'm not so sure that no one "gives a shit" at this point, but
really, what are the options? Push for an impeachment? With this
congress? That will never happen. Besides, would you really want The
Puppet Master in the actual seat of power? Imagine who he would
appoint as a new Veep. Henry Wade would be my guess, if he were still
alive (is he?). The Ghost of Barry Goldwater ("Nuke 'em All") might
be a good second choice.

Simple matter of fact: the (far) right managed to rally roughly 1%
more voters then the left. Even with rigth-wingers like myself who
found myself so totally disgusted with the actions of Bush and company
it really didn't make a difference.

Now we all have to wait out the rest of this Presidency, keep
watching, blogging, and, when the time comes, get of our @sses and,
dare I say, volunteer some time for the side we would like to back for
the next Presidency?

Better yet, we could get more active in the next Congressional
election. Perhaps pull some power back towards the center. Right now
I feel it is apparent that the Executive Branch has consolidated far
too much power. How else could you possibly bring up the impeachment
of judges for having different Religious feelings then your own?

Just my $.02.

Greg