internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:19:45 -0400

On May 18, 2005, at 1:34 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

Isn't Moyers just paraphrasing what John Stewart said on Crossfire?

Moyer's essay is long, detailed, and sometimes eloquent, while Stewart's appearance, while exciting and to the point, was as brief and detailed as, well, an episode of Crossfire. But, while the details and circumstances are different, both were talking about the same larger issue. Personally I think the sentiments need to be repeated until we no longer have media outlets being directly controlled by political parties & industry.

No one really knows how to play the drums. There's nothing to know. You just hit
them with sticks. If you miss, just sit closer. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC