internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:53:13 -0400

On May 18, 2005, at 1:58 PM, matusiak wrote:

What is stupefying to me is the fact that so many powerful, trustworthy people are aware of this hucksterism and are even making strides to inform the public, yet the apathy towards this issue seems to be at an all-time high.

Has everyone in this country just thrown up their hands and acknowledged that they're being lied to, but are too busy picking the next 'American Idol' to give a shit?

That's how it looks from where I'm sitting.

That's how it looks for me too.   I try and think that I'm just jaded or something but I doubt it.   I'd hoped that the Stewart on Crossfire thing might wake up some newscasters but it doesn't.   So I just watch Stewart for my news now.