internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "A democracy can die of too many lies"
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:58:37 -0400

Yeah, but Moyers had a receptive, captive audience whereas Stewart was more of an "Enemy Combatant." I think since the situation was different, Moyers was able to reveal his information with greater eloquence and detail.

What is stupefying to me is the fact that so many powerful, trustworthy people are aware of this hucksterism and are even making strides to inform the public, yet the apathy towards this issue seems to be at an all-time high.

Has everyone in this country just thrown up their hands and acknowledged that they're being lied to, but are too busy picking the next 'American Idol' to give a shit?

That's how it looks from where I'm sitting.
dave m.