internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wireless Router Recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wireless Router Recommendations?
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:43:33 -0400

Craig Duncan wrote:

Thats the upgrade model to the one we use. The SRX is their proprieary
speed booster which works with their SRX cards. However, any 802.11g
compliant card will work with them at upt o 54mbs.

Most of these device manufacturers have added such features based on proprietary extensions. Gives them a marketing differentiator that they can blurb on the box, and helps them gain customer lock-in. My D-Link has something similar. Some may acutally interoperate, as they can be based on the same popular chipsets. In any case, it probably does give a(nother) good reason to use the same brand of parts around your network.

--rt